My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Don’t mind the cover, just read the book!
Imagine the hero as you see fit and not how the book cover,coz honestly…jeez… instead of enticing, it scared the beejezus out of me. It sure did!
Storyline: On the trail of a serial killer, vampire Quentin Albermarle is mistaken for the killer by a police special task force. Once the smoke clears, Quentin finds himself in a delicious position-atop one of the unit’s crack officers, Darcy Henry. In need of Quentin’s access to the vampire sub-culture, the task force leadership invites Quentin to join the crime unit as a special advisor, much to the chagrin of the men in the unit, and especially, of Darcy. A no-nonsense cop with no time for romance, Darcy suddenly finds herself embroiled in a steamy love triangle between her mortal partner, Joe, and the handsome vampire. Going from abstinence to wantonness, she is unable to resist the two men’s relentless seduction or her own sensual curiosity about a vampire’s special “kiss”. When the real killer threatens the life of someone close to her, Darcy makes a choice that forever binds the three of them together.
Oh I really, really DISLIKED the ending! It was so cold despite the hot sex that concluded then! How could they do that to Joe? Poor Joe! But his story will be the next one All Knight Long and I can’t wait to read it!!!
- My Immortal Knight #1 – All Hallow’s Heartbreaker by Delilah Devlin (closetwriteranonymous.wordpress.com)
- Love Bites (Vampire Kisses #7) by Ellen Schreiber (somanybookssolittletimebookgroup.wordpress.com)
- Naughty Nites Hotshot: Love Bites by Ashlynn Monroe (blackhippiechick.wordpress.com)
- Andrew Grice: It was love at first bite for Rupert Murdoch and Tony Blair (independent.co.uk)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
First book of Ms. Devlin’s My Immortal Knight series…interesting. Ms. Devlin had opted for an imperfect heroine to a perfect vampire-hero–that’s really cool. And the H/H’s personalities contradicts each other that I had almost not seen the connection the two lust-driven protagonist could have…but they did!
Storyline: Emmaline Harris meets the perfect man at a Halloween party. After he rescues her from the unwanted attentions of another partygoer, she succumbs to his kisses and spends an evening engaged in wicked-sexy lovemaking. Sure she’s just a one-night stand, she tries to exit gracefully, but soon find she needs Dylan’s special skills when her world is turned upside down by a blood-drinking killer and his gang who target her for their next meal. Dylan O’Hara only wants a night of passion to slake his sexual needs, but finds Emmy is a full-bodied, red-blooded siren whose innocence and humor draws this Master vampire like a moth to a red-hot flame. When Emmy attracts the attention of a serial-killing vampire, Dylan vows to protect her, but he fears he’ll lose Emmy once she discovers her “Dracula” has real fangs!
I would really miss this serial-killing vampire coz I KNOW he will meet a devastating end due to all the crimes he had done. Ms. Devlin’s erotic compositions are super hot! I mean…damn!
- Emmys: Nina Dobrev (bellasugar.com)
- A review of Fayth Devlin’s Blood Lust Rising (cynthiashepp.wordpress.com)
- Anno Dracula by Kim Newman (idiotyouth.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 Trailer: See Bella and Edward’s Ultimate Vampire Battle (popsugar.com)
- Know Your Vampire Hunter (geeknative.com)